Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I order your CNY2016 collection?
ONLINE – The collection will launch online at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, 5th January 2016.
RETAIL STORE – The collection will launch at The Elly Store at 9 a.m. on Saturday, 9th January 2016. (We will open one hour earlier to ease parking congestion problems in Cluny Court.)
2. Where is your retail store?
#02-31/33, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760. (Cluny Court is next to the Botanic Gardens MRT station.) Click on this link for information on parking at Cluny Court.
3. I have purchased your CNY2016 collection online. Can I opt for store collection on Saturday 9th January 2016?
Yes you may opt for store collection on Sat 9th January, if you have successfully completed your online purchase before 11.59 pm on Wednesday, 6th January 2016.
For all online purchases received after midnight on Wednesday, 6th January 2016, you will be notified via email when your order is ready for collection in-store. We expect to take between 3 – 5 working days to pack your order.
4. I have purchased your CNY2016 collection online and have opted for registered mail / courier delivery. When can I expect to receive my order?
We expect to send out all your orders within 3 – 5 working days from receipt of your order. You will receive a tracking number once the item is in the post or with the courier.
Customers in Singapore will usually receive their packages within 3 business days after the package is in the post and international customers can expect to receive their packages within 7 – 10 business days after shipping. Some orders may take longer to reach you during this peak season.
If you have selected delivery option “courier service (no specific time slot)”, your delivery may arrive the day after it has been picked up by the courier at any time between 9am – 10pm. Please ensure that there is someone available to receive the item.
If necessary, you may opt instead for delivery option “courier service (specific time slot)” and choose from 4 specific time slots (9 am – 12 pm, 12 – 3 pm, 3 – 6 pm, and 6 – 9 pm). Please leave a message with the time slot you require at checkout.
5. How do I redeem the free clutch for your launch promotion if I purchase online?
- Add a Ladies Clutch ($29) from the “Other Accessories” category to your shopping cart.
- When you check out, use the discount code ELLYCNY2016 and the clutch will automatically be deducted from your purchase.
- The clutch is free with a minimum purchase of S$200 (excluding the clutch). Only one free clutch per purchase.
6. When does your launch promotion end?
6 pm, Sunday, 10 January 2016 (or while stocks last)
7. How long do I have to complete my online order?
8. Do you allow exchanges once an online order is made?
Yes. Only for full-priced items.
- All exchanges must be made within 14 days of date of purchase and in-store with the item and invoice/receipt/gift receipt. All items must have all their tags on, must not have been used/worn or washed, and generally be in a re-saleable condition.
- Exchanges may be made for any item in-store (i.e. different size of the same item, or another item). Alternatively, you may also opt for store credits which must be used fully within 3 months from the date of issue.
- On the rare occasion that the full-priced item purchased is defective, we will first offer to swop the item for another piece of the same item. If that is unavailable, we will offer a full cash refund to you.
We do not offer exchanges or refunds on any sale/discounted item. Please check all purchases for defects carefully. Please note that if you are buying a sale item as a gift, the recipient will not be permitted to exchange the item.
9. Is fabric the same as the CNY2015 Home collection?
Yes for the 6 Elly-designed fabrics.
10. Is the cutting the same as the CNY2015 Home collection?
- We have altered the measurements of the mandarin-collared shirt and the Emily dress.
- We have a new flare cheongsam design for baby girls and romper for baby boys (available in 3 months, 6 months and 9 months).
- We also have a new mommy’s sleeveless blouse (available in S, M and L).
The rest of the measurements have not been altered.
Please check all measurements carefully before you make your purchase.
11. Can we try the pieces before we order online?
If you’d like to try the clothing before purchase, we recommend that you drop by our store anytime from 9 a.m. on Saturday 9th January 2016 once the collection is launched. Alternatively, please check the measurements of each item carefully before making your purchase online.
12. Do you have the measurements of the collection?
The chest and length measurements have also been uploaded on our website. Just click on the product you are interested in to check the measurements. If you require any other measurement not already provided, it is best to go to the store to try on the outfit.
13. You have not answered my Facebook message / comment / email / call. When can I expect response?
We apologise that during peak season, we are unable to respond to queries regularly or on a timely basis. We will try our best to address all queries which have not been addressed in these FAQs as soon as possible. Please check these FAQs first to see if you can find your answers here! We will continue to update the FAQs regularly as we receive your queries.
14. I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online. Will it be restocked online?
The item could have been placed in someone else’s shopping bag, and will remain reserved for up to 30 minutes. Do refresh your cart and try again later.
15. If I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online, will I still be able to purchase it in-store?
We have set aside a full set of the collection for the store launch on Sat 9 Jan but pieces are limited so do come early.
16. What sizes are available for your outfits?
- Flare Cheongsam: 3 months, 6 months, 9 months
- Girls’ Cheongsam: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y (8Y, 10Y and 12Y only available for ELLY prints)
- Tinkerbell dress: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y
- Emily dress: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y
- Twinkle dress: 9M (Rose Squiggles), 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y
- Sling: One size only
- Baby boy romper: 3 months, 6 months, 9 months
- Mandarin-collared shirt: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 7 y
- Mandarin-collared polo shirt: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 7 y
- Boys’ bermudas: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 7 y
- Blouse: Small, Medium, Large
- Clutch: One size only
17. How do we understand your sizing?
If your baby is an average 1 year old, we would recommend you order Size 1 Y if he/ she is between 12 months and 18 months. If he/ she is between 18 months and 24 months, you should order 2-3 Y. This is only an approximate guide. We would recommend that you check the measurements carefully.
Our size labels may refer to 1 Y or 1-2 Y.
18. Do you take reservations?
We apologise that we are unable to take reservations for our CNY2016 collection. Please purchase the items directly online or in-store.
Photo credits: We are thrilled once again to work with Maryann from The Studio Loft for this collection – her pictures are just gorgeous!
Our signature cheongsam in 8 fabric designs
Our Mandarin-Collared Shirts in 7 fabric designs (6 prints and 1 plain red)
Our Boys’ Bermudas in 2 fabric designs (1 printed and 1 plain red)
Our Tinkerbell dress in 1 fabric design
Our Emily Dresses in 2 fabric designs
Our Baby Girl Onesies in 5 fabric designs
Our Little Slings in 5 fabric designs (2 sizes available) ($19 for both sizes)
Our Clutches for Mommies to match their little ones in 5 fabric designs ($29)
The Sibling Sets and how to wear the collection
This year’s Chinese New Year celebration starts on a Thursday, which means we’ll be having four, yes four (!!) days of parties and feasting! We love how this collection provides you with the option to mix and match the collection without having to buy identical designs
If you’ve got girls only, you’ve got the best selection!! You’ve got the choice of 8 cheongsams and 4 baby girl onesies! Plus, you don’t have to choose a cheongsam to go with each baby onesie, you can opt for the Tinkerbell dress or the two Emily dress for CNY Day 2, 3 and 4!
If you’ve got boys and girls, you’ve got six fabric options (namely Home in two different combinations (Home shirt with red shorts or Red shirt with Home shorts), Swallows, Japanese Red Fans, Japanese Blue Fans and Lanterns) to choose from!
(We love this shot! Has a “kampung” feel to it, doesn’t it?)
You can even mix between the prints because the colour range is complementary, and you don’t have to pair a cheongsam with a shirt!
So here’s how to pre-order the collection. Please read the instructions very carefully so you don’t miss out!
And of course with every celebration, there’s a promotion!!! In celebration of our CNY 2015 launch, we’re giving away a free ladies’ clutch (worth $29) free with every $200 spent on pre-orders and also at the Elly store in Cluny Court on 10th and 11th January 2015.
I’ve been getting quite a fair bit of queries so I thought I’d update this post to reflect these queries!
1. Is the CNY 2015 fabric texture and thickness the same as the Horse Parade collection for CNY 2014?
No it’s not. This year, we opted for a thinner, softer fabric which will be more comfortable for your children and yet, is thick enough to hold the structure of the cheongsam.
2. How do I pre-order your CNY collection? Is it available in the store on 6 Jan?
Please read the instructions above on how to pre-order. We accept pre-orders via email but the collection won’t be available for purchase in the store until 10 am on Sat, 10 Jan 2015.
3. Is the Tinkerbell dress cut small?
We’ve put elastic at the back of this dress for this collection so this dress should be true to age with the elastic!
4. Can I choose which print I want for the launch promotion free gift?
Yes you can. Please choose from any one of the 5 prints (Japanese red fans, Japanese Blue Fans, Japanese Fuchsia fans, Home and Swallows).
5. Will I still receive the free gift (the clutch for mommies) if we reserve the clothing but do not pay and do not pick up from the store on 10th and 11th January?
The free gift is a launch weekend special so it will not be available for purchases from 12th January 2015.
6. Will we be able to purchase the collection online for pre-orders?
Unfortunately, pre-orders must be communicated via email at email@example.com for us to track them. Why do we take pre-orders? Because for those of you who are happy to purchase without seeing the actual pieces, we’d like to save you the trouble of having to queue up at the store just to pay. Our store isn’t big and we only have one cash register and during peak season, the queues can be quite bad. Hence, pre-orders allow you to pay within 24 hours at your convenience and we will mail out your parcels in accordance with your choice of postage.
7. Will we be able to purchase online at all for this collection?
Yes, we will put a limited number of pieces for purchase online concurrent with the launch in the store at 10 am on 10th January 2015. Please note that the launch promotion* will not be available to those who are purchasing this collection on our website. (*Launch promotion – We’re giving a free clutch worth $29 with every $200 spent via pre-orders and at the Elly store on 10th and 11th January 2015.)
7. Do you have sizes for baby boys?
YES! We have made two prints in sizes 3 M and 6 M! Choose from Japanese Red Fans and the Home print!
8. Do you allow exchanges once a pre-order is made?
Yes we do allow exchanges as long as the tags are on and the item hasn’t been washed. If the size for the print is out of stock, you can opt for another item (e.g. shoes and toys) or store credit instead.
9. Can we try the pieces before we pre-order?
You can stop by the store and try the sizes of our last CNY collection for 2014 – the Horse Parade. Alternatively, you can drop by from 10 am, Saturday 10 Jan 2015 to see the full collection when it’s launched.
9. Can we see the measurements?