Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I order your CNY2017 collection?
ONLINE – The collection will launch online at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, 21st December 2016.
RETAIL STORE – If you’re looking for Christmas presents, limited pieces of our collection will be available at The Elly Store from 10 a.m. on Friday 23rd December 2016. If you’re expecting to pop by the store on the 23rd, we may not have all the pieces and sizes available but will be happy to mail the pieces you have bought once they are available.
The full collection will be available in store on Monday 26th December 2016. If you are not in a rush to give these as Christmas presents, we would strongly encourage you to shop online.
2. Where is your retail store?
#02-31/33, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760. (Cluny Court is next to the Botanic Gardens MRT station on the Downtown line and Circle Line.) Click on this link for information on parking at Cluny Court.
Our store opening hours are:
10 am – 7 pm Mondays to Saturdays
10 am – 6 pm Sundays
3. Do you have any stockists for your CNY2017 collection?
Yes! From 27th December 2016, part of our collection will be available at Motherswork at Great World City #02-16.
4. I have purchased your CNY2017 collection online. Can I opt for store collection?
Yes you may opt for store collection (no shipping code needed). We will only start packing online orders from Tues, 27th Dec 2016. You will be notified via email when your order is ready for collection in-store. We expect to take between 3 – 5 working days from 27th December 2016 to pack your order. If you are looking to give these as a Christmas present any earlier, please purchase it directly from our store on or after 23rd December 2016.
5. I have purchased your CNY2017 collection online and have opted for Smartpac or courier delivery. When can I expect to receive my order?
We expect to only start packing online orders from Tues, 27th Dec 2016 and expect to send out all your orders within 3 – 5 working days from 27th December or from receipt of your order, whichever is later. You will receive a tracking number once the item is in the post or with the courier.
Customers in Singapore will usually receive their packages within 3 business days after the package is in the post and international customers can expect to receive their packages within 7 – 10 business days after shipping.
If you have selected delivery option “express courier service”, your delivery may arrive the day after it has been picked up by the courier at any time between 9am – 10pm.
If you have selected delivery option “standard courier service”, your delivery may arrive 1 to 3 business days after it has been picked up by the courier at any time between 9am – 10pm.
Please ensure that there is someone available to receive the item.
**NOTE: Our courier is currently experiencing delays during this peak season and may take up to an additional 2 days to deliver your parcel. If you need your order urgently, please visit our store at Cluny Court to make your purchase.
***NOTE: We have limited current stocks of turquoise gingko leaf Cheongsams, Sarah dress and Mandarin-collared shirts (all expected delivery end Dec ’16) as well as baby rompers (expected delivery second week of Jan ’17). If you have bought any of these items online, you will only receive your items once all your items are available. If you would like those available to be shipped out first, please process them in separate orders.
6. Do you have a launch promotion?
Just for the launch week from 9 p.m. on 21st Dec til 31st Dec ’16, you can enjoy 20% off any of our new Ladies’ Tops.
If you’re shopping online, key in the code CNY2017 when you check out to enjoy this launch promotion!
7. How long do I have to complete my online order?
8. Do you allow exchanges once an online order is made?
Yes. Only for full-priced items.
- All exchanges must be made within 14 days of date of purchase and in-store with the item and invoice/receipt/gift receipt. All items must have all their tags on, must not have been used/worn or washed, and generally be in a re-saleable condition.
- Exchanges may be made for any item in-store (i.e. different size of the same item, or another item). Alternatively, you may also opt for store credits which must be used fully within 3 months from the date of issue.
- On the rare occasion that the full-priced item purchased is defective, we will first offer to swop the item for another piece of the same item. If that is unavailable, we will offer a full cash refund to you.
We do not offer exchanges or refunds on any sale/discounted item. Please check all purchases for defects carefully. Please note that if you are buying a sale item as a gift, the recipient will not be permitted to exchange the item.
9. Is fabric material the same as the CNY2016 Blooms and Brollies and CNY2015 Home collection?
Yes for the 7 Elly-designed fabrics, although the fabric used for turquoise gingko leaves and cherries is lighter and more sheer than the rest of the collection.
10. Are the designs and cutting the same as the CNY2016 Blooms and Brollies collection?
- Our new flare cheongsam will be available in larger sizes from 1 to 3 years.
- Our mandarin-collared shirt and boys’ bermudas will be available in larger sizes from 8 to 12 years. We didn’t make size 7Y this year so our last year’s size 7Y shirts and bermudas are this year’s size 8Y.
- Our Tinkerbell dress will be available in one larger size (i.e 8 years).
- Our boys’ bermudas will be available in five (yes 5!) colours.
- We have a new sleeveless baby boy romper in jersey fabric available from 3 months up to 18 months. This design is only available at launch via pre-order – stock will only arrive in-store in the second week of Jan 2017.
- We have a new dress design called the Sarah dress. It’s especially designed for children who would prefer not to wear cheongsams for CNY. It is also dressy enough to be a CNY Day 2 or 3 outfit. Available from 2 Y to 12 Y (in even sizes only).
- We have two new halter tops and matching white island pants designed especially for tweens. Available from 2 Y to 12 Y (in even sizes only).
- We have added 2 cm to the pit-to-pit measurements for the Ladies’ Tops in all sizes. We also have a new size in XL. Do note that the Ladies’ Tops will only be available in 4 of the 7 Elly-designed prints.
- Unfortunately, this year because we had such an extensive collection with larger sizes for shirts and bermudas, more colours for boys’ bermudas, tops and pants for girls and more dresses, we were unable to produce matching kids’ sling bags and ladies’ clutches. Moms still can match their children with the Ladies Tops!
Please check all measurements carefully before you make your purchase.
11. Can we try the pieces before we order online?
If you’d like to try the clothing before purchase, we recommend that you drop by our store anytime from 10 a.m. on Friday 23 December 2016 once the collection is launched. Alternatively, please check the measurements of each item carefully before making your purchase online.
12. Do you have the measurements of the collection?
The chest and length measurements will also be uploaded on our website when the collection is launched. Just click on the product you are interested in to check the measurements. We would suggest comparing our specs against a dress or shirt your child is wearing now to see how the size compares.
If you require any other measurement not already provided, it is best to go to the store to try on the outfit.
13. You have not answered my Facebook message / comment / email / call. When can I expect response?
We apologise that during peak season, we are unable to respond to queries regularly or on a timely basis. We will try our best to address all queries which have not been addressed in these FAQs as soon as possible. Please check these FAQs first to see if you can find your answers here! We will continue to update the FAQs regularly as we receive your queries.
14. I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online. Will it be restocked online?
The item could have been placed in someone else’s shopping bag, and will remain reserved for up to one hour. Do refresh your cart and try again later.
15. If I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online, will I still be able to purchase it in-store?
We have set aside a full set of the collection for the store launch on Friday 23 Dec 2016 but pieces are limited so do come early.
16. What sizes are available for your outfits?
- Flare Cheongsam: 3 months, 9 months, 1 y, 2 y, 3 y
- Girls’ Cheongsam: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y (8Y, 10Y and 12Y only available for ELLY prints)
- Tinkerbell dress: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y
- Sarah dress: 2 y, 4 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- Twinkle dress: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y
- Halter tops: 2 y, 4 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- White pants: 2 y, 4 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y
- Baby boy romper: 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months
- Mandarin-collared shirt: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- Boys’ bermudas: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- Blouse: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
Please note that the Sarah dress in Turquoise Gingko Leaf is not going to be available at all and the Sarah dress in Cherries will not be available in sizes 6Y, 8Y and 10Y. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
17. How do we understand your sizing?
If your baby is an average 1 year old, we would recommend you order Size 1 Y if he/ she is between 12 months and 18 months. If he/ she is between 18 months and 24 months, you should order 2-3 Y. This is only an approximate guide. We would recommend that you check the measurements carefully.
Our size labels may refer to 1 Y or 1-2 Y.
18. How do you care for the clothing?
We recommend cold hand wash with very mild detergent. Rinse until water runs clear then gently wring out each garment before hanging. Do not soak, bleach or tumble dry.
It is the first year we are printing with gold foil. Because gold foil print is very delicate, you will need to iron on reverse on low heat with another fabric over it.
The gold foil fabric is also lighter than our normal cottons. As a result, it crumples easier than our normal cottons. At our photoshoot, we hadn’t realise that the standing steamer wasn’t able to iron this fabric so the gingko leaf clothing in our pictures were crumpled. We’ve attached a sample of our cheongsam in turquoise gingko leaf when you use a press iron (on the left) and a steam iron (on the right). Still, this fabric is lightweight and more difficult to handle than our normal cottons so please be mindful of this before purchase.
19. Do you take reservations?
We apologise that we are unable to take reservations for our CNY2017 collection. Please purchase the items directly online or in-store.
20. What are your store holiday opening hours?
Our store festive opening hours are as follows:
- Sat 24 Dec ‘16 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sun 25 Dec ’16 – Closed
- Mon 26 Dec ‘16 – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sat 31 Dec ’16 – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sun 1 Jan ‘17 – Closed
- Mon 2 Jan ’17 – Closed
~ The Elly Store ~